Graduate Planner (Full -time)
The position of Graduate Planner has a demanding and wide-ranging workload and will be working alongside a professional planning team on a range of planning projects, including residential, mixed‐use, major commercial and retail developments, and renewable energy projects.
The successful individual should be undertaking experience leading towards full RTPI membership. You must be a strong communicator both orally and written and be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the planning process and current legislation.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A promising level of professional competence
• Basic understanding of relevant systems and legislation
• The ability to produce soundly researched work
• Self-drive towards own development
• Initiative and readiness to take on new tasks
• The aptitude to learn new skills
• Motivation to seek guidance
• Proficiency to manage own time and workload
• Adeptness to meet deadlines
• The willingness to act as a good team player, building and maintaining constructive working relationships
Typical duties will include:
• Assisting senior members of the team with the completion of planning applications and supporting documents, planning appeals and the delivery of planning advice
• Assisting with the production of draft documents such as Environmental Statements, Planning Statements, Design and Access Statements
• Liaising with clients, local authorities and stakeholders throughout the planning process
• Undertaking site visits and site appraisals
• Using ProMap, In-design and Photoshop to produce maps, mapping layers and plans as required
• Drafting and delivering reports to Clients and other team members
• Assisting senior members of staff in the preparation of Public Exhibitions
• Attendance at Public Exhibitions
• Summarising comments received from Exhibitions, producing documentation as required
• Assist with the submission and management of Discharge of Conditions, and monitoring thereof
• Leading small‐scale projects, when appropriate
• Maintaining strong business relationships with Clients
• Researching and locating documents via the internet using search engines, Government websites and Local Authority websites
• Assisting in the production of exhibition material, to include display boards, leaflets, letters and mailings
• Typing / administration of work outputs
• Maintaining project files (manual & electronic)
• Maintaining detailed projects lists efficiently
• Undertaking administration work as necessary
Alongside a competitive salary, as the Graduate Planner, you will also benefit from a company bonus scheme, generous pension scheme, sickness scheme and generous annual leave.
Based in our Banbury office, with a requirement to work from our Leamington Spa Office as required.
08:30 – 17:30, Monday – Friday, with a 1-hour lunch break
The position would suit someone who is reliable, personable, flexible, confident, with the ability to communicate at all levels. The position requires commitment and a positive approach towards development, plus the ability to work as part of a team and as an individual, with a substantial and varied workload.
Please send your CV to Natalie.Dunkley@framptons-planning.com